Friday, September 6, 2013

Around the House with an EOS M

I didn't mean to get a new camera.  But when I happened across the Canon EOS M with a 22mm (35mm equivalent) f/2.0 lens at B&H Photo for only $399, I couldn't help myself.  The lens alone is worth half that price.  I love the 35mm view and f2 is pretty fast, especially for a pancake lens.  It's a small, well-built package and with the latest firmware update, I find the auto-focus is plenty fast enough for my shooting.  The other knock against the camera is the dearth of manual controls.  But I find that I typically shoot small cameras in aperture priority with auto-ISO and don't worry about changing controls much.  That seems to be working with this camera as well.  So far, all I have done is walk around the yard some this evening and take a few snaps, but I'm liking what I'm seeing from the APS-C sized sensor in this small brick.  You can get you one too while they last (they've been discontinued), here.




No comments:

Post a Comment