Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Shoot Now, Think Later.

While I was away on vacation last week, my new camera arrived.  Actually, it is used - a more or less four year old Ricoh GRD III.  I had planned to get a new GRD IV when they went on sale because of the new GR with APS-C sized sensor, but they sold out quicker than I anticipated.  Still, the GRD is great.  It doesn't have image stabilization, but is a bit thinner for that lack.  So far, I love it.  It is a perfect little carry everywhere camera.  It will take me some time to get used to its 28mm equivalent prime lens, but I for some reason like constrictions when I'm shooting.  The less thinking I do at the shooting phase, the better the results tend to be.  My time for pondering is when I'm working up the picture, not when I'm shooting it.

Fallen

Afternoon Rain

No comments:

Post a Comment