Saturday, September 28, 2013

A Fun Afternoon


Just for fun, Ann and I set out for a small applery (my made-up word) in Harlan County for some honeycrisps.  We ate lunch at the Texas Roadhouse in Pikeville on the way.  And then went across Pine Mountain to the little place I know to get some apples.  We talked to the nice people there for quite a while.  Turns out they grow their honeycrisp apples on 3000+ trees on nearby Lynch Mountain at a height of more than 5000 feet.  All I can tell you is that they are delicious.  But the day was so beautiful that the drive was most of the point and even if they had been sold out of apples, the day would still have been a good one.  On the way back we stopped at one of my favorite overlooks on Pine Mountain, where I took this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment